Hey! Hey! Hey!
It has been a hot minute since an update from me! Except when I posted about that toothpaste. 🙂 Totally works, BTW.
SO YEA, I’VE GONE BLONDE -ish..
Here’s a breakdown on my hair.
- I haven’t dyed/coloured/permed/straightened, as in NADAA-AAH, in 6 whole years! SIX LONG ASS YEARS.
- I don’t style it at all! No heat, nothing!
- My hair colour since birth has been dark/almost black (Hi, asian baby over here), but in recent years, its been getting lighter than usual.
- The only treatments I get are at home, with DIY masks with coconut oil (Check my old posts on this wonder oil)
- I get my hair cut once a year! Usually for my birthday, So I always always have long ass hair.
That’s about it!
I needed a change, I’ve been getting pale, and the hair looked so dark on me, I legit looked like a goth kid, long dark hair with pale pale skin (as pale as asian yellow skin can get!)
I told my stylist, I want to colour it, but I don’t want to go to extreme, and no fashion colours (those are waaaay to hard to maintain.). I wanted to go as light as possible, while still keeping my eyebrows dark-ish.
And so, SHE MADE A HONEY BROWN (I think), WITH BLONDE HIGHLIGHTS…. I AM INLOVEEEEE!
I should mention that it did tone down a bit over the next few weeks, now it looks a tad bit darker, and the highlights became a little bit brassy (Kinda expected that). But over all it looks grown in, like I’ve had this hair for months, very subtle even with a tiny bit of regrowth.
Some people might say, “What change? There is hardly change!”.
It is kinda a big deal for me, I love my hair, so so so much, that I don’t like getting it cut, and don’t like putting chemicals or products all up in there. I haven’t coloured, because I’m scared of it just completely falling apart.
But seriously, hair is a big deal to me.
I’m on snapchat, BTW. (mspiaya)
A GIRLS CROWNING GLORY IS THEIR HAIR.